>> Miscellaneous Material
>> >> Article
OK - It's ridiculous. It's the
middle of June
end of August and I'm still behind by five Enterprise reviews
and four Andromeda reviews. A number of factors have caused this, including,
seemingly, the hand of destiny, which contrived to unleash a damaging storm and a
subsequent two-day power outage and general cleanup the one weekend I actually had time to
do reviews. In all honesty, a general malaise about both shows this season has contributed
to the delays, both now and earlier in the season, as well. But before you start thinking
this is a "retirement speech," I do have a somewhat sketchy plan for this summer
- I do still intend to do some sort of reviews of the remaining episodes from this season.
There is, however, a good chance that they will be aggregated into one article for each
show (think CONTRIVANCE OF THE MONTH rather than CONTRIVANCE OF
THE WEEK). Consider it a great experiment rather than an lazy time-saving
Amended: This will be done for Enterprise
only, as Andromeda has been dropped. An article
covering Enterprise's last five episodes is nearing completion, believe it or
- I do still intend to do season reviews for both shows. They should be similar in format
past articles, although I'm not sure about Cy Awards.
Amended: A season review of some sort will
be done for Enterprise only.
- I do intend to answer all of that email, which has been piling up since late April.
Amended: Mostly complete at this time.
- Moving forward, expect an announcement about next season's "line-up" sometime
this summer. Expect changes in the show(s) being reviewed and possibly in the format and
frequency of those reviews.
Amended: For the 2002-2003 season only Enterprise
will be reviewed regularly. Some "special projects" may be done, as time
- There's a 50-50 chance that a new site design will be unveiled late this suimmer. You
want to talk delay -- I've been working on that for over a year!
Amended: This is now more like a 100%
chance. I'm far enough along into the design conversion that there's no turning back now.
- Late summer and early fall should see some action related to the Cynics Corner's fifth
anniversary online. Hard to believe, isn't it?
Amended: Less than a week a way, and I
haven't even rented the hall. Oh, dear.
Anyway -- thanks for sticking it out during these lean times. I'll get you some new